Terraform Enterprise Flexible Deployment Options
Terraform Enterprise v202309-1 and above supports deploying with multiple deployment options. You can choose a runtime environment from our list of supported deployment options and deploy Terraform Enterprise natively in that environment (Docker or Kubernetes).
If you are running a previous version of Terraform Enterprise, upgrading to Flexible Deployment Options removes Replicated as a required dependency and provides a faster installation and startup time, reduced resource requirements, and improved security.
Your internal Terraform Enterprise application is the same regardless of your deployment choice. However, the way you interact with your infrastructure architecture changes in the following ways for those using Flexible Deployment Options:
- Use native tooling for installation and upgrades (Helm for Kubernetes and Compose for Docker).
- Startup checks make startup and upgrade issues easier to troubleshoot.
- The lightweight single-container architecture provides significantly faster startup times.
tfectlCLI provides administration capabilities (replacing the Admin console and
- Use embedded HCDiag and a convenient
tfectlcommand for bundle collection.
- HashiCorp directly manages license files instead of Replicated (ending with