Explorer for Workspace Visibility
Note: The explorer for workspace visibility is in beta and under active development.
As your organization grows, keeping track of your sprawling infrastructure estate can get increasingly more complicated. The explorer for workspace visibility helps surface a wide range of valuable information from across your organization.
Open the explorer for workspace visibility by clicking Explorer in your organization's top-level side navigation.
The Explorer page displays buttons grouped by Types and Use Cases. Each button offers a new view into your organization or workspace's data. Clicking a button triggers the explorer to perform a query and display the results in a table of data.
The Types buttons present generic use cases. For example, "Workspaces" displays a paginated and unfiltered list of your organization's workspaces and each workspace's accompanying data. The Use Cases buttons present sorted and filtered results to give you a focused view of your organizational data.
You can sort each column of the explorer results table. Clicking a hyperlinked field shows increasingly specific views of your data. For example, a workspace's modules count field links to a view of that workspace's associated modules.
Clearing a query takes you back to the explorer landing page. To clear a query, click the back arrow at the top left of your current explorer view page.
The explorer for workspace visibility requires access to a broad range of an organization's data. To use the explorer, you must have either of the following organization permissions:
The explorer for workspace visibility supports four types:
The explorer for workspace visibility provides the following queries for specific use cases:
- Top module versions shows modules sorted by usage frequency.
- Latest Terraform versions displays a sorted list of Terraform versions in use.
- Top provider versions lists providers sorted by usage frequency.
- Workspaces without VCS lists workspaces not backed by VCS.
- Workspace VCS source lists VCS-backed workspaces sorted by repository name.
- Workspaces with failed checks lists workspaces that failed at least one continuous validation check.
- Drifted workspaces displays workspaces with drift and relevant drift information.
- Workspace VCS source displays a subset of workspace data sorted by the underlying VCS repository.
- All workspace versions is a simplified view of your workspaces with current run and version information.
- Runs by status provides a run-focused view by sorting workspaces by their current run status.
- Top Terraform versions lists all Terraform versions by usage frequency
- Latest updated workspaces displays your most recently updated workspaces.
- Oldest applied workspaces sorts workspaces by the date of the current applied run.