Transform: Tokenization Tech Preview (Enterprise ADP Module Only): Vault 1.6 introduces a new transformation method for tokenizing sensitive data stored in un-trusted/semi-trusted systems. Tokenization is available as part of the “Advanced Data Protection” module in Vault Enterprise. Tokenization provides non-reversible data protection pursuant to requirements for data irreversibility (PCI-DSS, GDPR, etc.). This feature is being released in a Tech Preview.
Integrated Storage Enhancements: Continuing with the enhancements made to Vault’s Integrated storage, we are adding the following new features:
- Cloud auto-join provides support for Vault nodes to automatically discover and join a cluster via specified cloud metadata. This is particularly useful when IP addresses are not static.
- Automated snapshots provides built-in Vault functionality for automated snapshots that takes snapshots of the state of the Vault servers and saves them locally, or pushes them to an optional remote storage service.
- New UI for Transform secrets engine (Enterprise ADP Module Only)
- To configure FPE and Masking transformations, including custom alphabets and patterns for FPE.
- To create and manage roles and patterns for templated use in current and future FPE and masking transformations.
- Improvements to Vault Usage UI to show new metrics for “active clients”, “unique entities” and “active direct tokens” that help with understanding Vault usage
Support for seal migration for all use cases to migrate from any to any unseal interface (including auto-unseal to auto-unseal of the same type)
Key Management Secrets Engine in Tech Preview (Enterprise ADP Module Only) - A new Key Management Secrets Engine to help manage and securely distribute keys to various cloud KMS services. This feature is being released in Tech Preview to be used in conjunction with Microsoft’s Azure Key Vault.
Database secrets engine improvements:
- Extending the newly released Password Policy to the combined Database Secrets Engine to support for all databases
- Add Couchbase support to the combined Database Secrets Engine to manage static and dynamic credentials for Couchbase
- Add static credential rotation to Cassandra, InfluxDB and Elasticsearch
- Add MongoDB Atlas root credential rotation
- Added support for root credential & static credential rotation for HanaDB
- Vault 1.6 will use Go 1.15, which has dropped support for 32-bit binaries for Darwin,
so we will no longer be issuing
darwin_386builds of Vault.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Changelog.