status command prints the current state of Vault including whether it is
sealed and if HA mode is enabled. This command prints regardless of whether the
Vault is sealed.
The exit code reflects the seal status:
- 0 - unsealed
- 1 - error
- 2 - sealed
Check the status:
$ vault status Sealed: false Key Shares: 5 Key Threshold: 3 Unseal Progress: 0 Unseal Nonce: Version: x.y.z Build Date: 2022-05-03T08:34:11Z Cluster Name: vault-cluster-49ffd45f Cluster ID: d2dad792-fb99-1c8d-452e-528d073ba205 High-Availability Enabled: false
The following flags are available in addition to the standard set of flags included on all commands.
(string: "table")- Print the output in the given format. Valid formats are "table", "json", or "yaml". This can also be specified via the
By default, the output is displayed in "table" format.
- The field for total shares is displayed as
nin yaml outputs.
- The following fields in "table" format are displayed only when relevant:
- "Unseal Progress" and "Unseal Nonce" are displayed when vault is sealed.
- "HCP Link Status" and "HCP Link Resource ID" are displayed when HCP link is configured.
- "Seal Migration in Progress" is displayed when it is in progress.
- "Cluster Name" and "Cluster ID" are displayed if they have a value.
- "Raft Committed Index", "Raft Applied Index", "Last WAL" are diplayed if they are non-zero.
- "Warnings" are displayed if the warnings apply.
- The following fields are displayed only when HA mode is enabled and is unsealed:
- "HA Cluster".
- "HA Mode".
- "Active Since" is displayed if the node is active and has a valid active time.
- "Performance Standby" Node and "Performance Standby Last Remote WAL" are displayed for performance standby nodes.